Friday, December 24, 2004

Weighed down

Getting over the things that weigh you down isn't easy.

You entertain all sort of histrionics.

Here's one of the things that crossed my mind: why not spark an office affair with someone who might be a good girlfriend material?

The more I think about it, though, the more I get numb.

First, that would have violated my rule about office affairs — that they’re professionally unhealthy.

When two consenting adults capitalise on the incidental proximity (daily) they have toward each other because of work, it’s a relationship based on convenience, not love.

When there’s almost no effort involved for them to see each other, it’s also cheap. Not that office affairs do not happen.

It does happen -- between a boss and an underling or between colleagues.

This made me think: Since I won't be the first nor the last, why not join the bandwagon?

And it's also not the first time two people who profess different creeds fell in love.

It’s just a bonus she happens to be just around the bend.

Meanwhile, the mental debate lingers... and it goes on like a broken record.

Still nothing.

Maybe I'll get over it. Maybe I won't. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home